Begin Again

So the whole world knows that starting in March of 2016 I started losing weight.  I lost 90 pounds.  In August of last year, because Wes' wheelchair was too heavy for me to lift, I started going to the gym and lifting weights.  Within three weeks of starting my workouts (I did make rapid enough strength gains that I could tell a difference and was grateful for it) I was lifting Wes instead of his wheelchair, as his rapid decline had started, and he needed my help. 

Lifting weights has been a sources of satisfaction, stress relief, endorphins and strength through this past year.  I love doing it, and it's great to be fit. 

But since starting my workouts, I got hungrier and I stopped counting calories quite as strictly, relying on the good habits I had learned to carry me....

...hmmm, not so wise perhaps.  Over the past ten months, I've regained 16 pounds of the 90 I lost. 

I am so much stronger.  I have muscles...so I know that some of that regain is muscle weight...and I also know that some of it is belly fat from eating too many corn chips.  This I know to be true from deep in my heart. 

So, back on the bandwagon of the habits that stood me in good stead to get the weight off.  It's an endless war.

The other changes I''m making (besies weighing and measuring my food) is that I've been trying to find out how to control some IBS symptoms that have been getting worse.  It appears that cutting out legumes and grains is needed to reduce inflammation and stop the endless pain.  So that's what I will do. 

I am not looking for advice.  I am not looking for sympathy.  I am simply telling my story.  (And no, I don't want or need any Plexus or other types of MLM products).

And my story is that it's an endless war to watch one's weight, or to maintain a weight loss.  So onwards I go, one day at a time.  Today is the first day of summer...so it's a good time to begin again. 

Comments