Meatfare Sunday

Today was a good day. This morning we missed Sunday School. Although we knew about daylight saving Spring forward, and all that, our bodies just did not want to cooperate. But that is OK. We made it to Divine Liturgy and that's the most important thing.

Our family did not stay for the Meatfare potluck at coffee hour because Eric stayed home sick and because we have food issues. It's just easier to eat at home. Lunch was just sandwiches. Usually when we get to meatfare Sunday at our house, we are sort of down to the dregs, and so food was basic today: Turkey lunch meat sandwiches for lunch, Pasta with meat sauce for dinner. And Ice cream for dessert. Dairy free ice ceam that is not homemade is meh, but I pretended.

But this afternoon (I'm so thrilled) I actually had energy and I DID STUFF!!!! I did a bit of mending/alterations on a couple of skirts, and I went to Walmart to get some velcro and elastic and the like...and found some fabric on sale for two more skirts (and that will take care of my summer wardrobe needs).

And then Wes and I went to the Peddler's Mall, and found some treasures. I'm collecting pretty china plates to hang on my side of my bedroom (if I were rich and had a big house I'd wish for my own room. He snores, I toss and turn and good heavens, I want a pink shabby chic rose bedecked boudoir and he just doesn't go for that!)

Home again, dinner. Ice cream. A bit more sewing. It was a wonderful day.



And now, for me since I am already dairy free, the fasting begins. I pray that God gives me the strength to fast more and better and more sincerely than I have in years past...to really confront my passions. I pray for strength. And I will take it one day at a time. I don't expect to be perfect. Lord have mercy.

Comments