Bangers 'n Mash for St. Patrick's Day

It's lent. So there's no real meat in this dish.

Mashed potatoes, however your family eats them.

Steamed cabbage-a whole head chopped and steamed above the water that is cooking the potatoes.

Sautee in some water or cocounut oil 2 large onions, sliced. When these are clear/caramelizing, add a package of mushroom slices, salt, pepper and two packages of Morning Star vegan breakfast links.

Let this cook with a lid on the skillet until the meat and mushrooms are done. Add some water and a bit more salt and some flour to thicken the gravy.

Serve this over the mashed potatoes and cabbage.

I make NO CLAIMS that this is authentic Irish food. I got the idea for this dish from something I ate a Molly Malone's-the (so-called) Irish Pub chain.

It was yummy. The real thing, of course, is yummier. But alas, not lenten.

Comments

Mimi said…
Yum! I can see doing this for dinner soon myself.
I found a vegan soda bread (which was nice, the last one I tried ended up being thrown out as inedible) and Dh made some potatoes and carrots.