My Lenten Pantry: Meal Inspirations Chunky Chickpeas


I was shopping at Costco on Saturday, and I found this little gem of a food product. Now, normally I don't go for pre-packaged food items, but the ingredients list was short and non-creepy, so I thought I'd bring them home and see what the family thought.

Here are the ingredients: Water, Chickpeas, Onions, Sunflower Oil, Garlic, Ginger, Coriander, Salt, Cumin, Spices

Looks OK to me. Bethany and Maia tried it today in a stir fry with some onions, cabbage, rice and radishes. The dish was a winner and these chickpeas with their spices were a hit. (Well, the radishes could have been omitted...)


It's like lenten, Indian hamburger helper. Especially if you love curries like most of our family does.

Check out Tastybite.com for more ideas, similar products and a store locater.

This is a product I will keep in my lenten pantry from now on!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh thank yo Alana!! I checked out the website, and oh, the possibilities! I'm going to order some and can't wait to try them. I'm excited to add these to my gluten-free repertoire!