These won't help you lose weight but they might prevent you from gaining...

Well, my back is feeling quite a bit better today. In fact, I woke up at 3 am and had to use the bathroom, and I knew then that it was going to be a good day because I could walk there and didn't have to crawl.

I discovered that the house elves did not do as much laundry as I would have done, judging by the huge mound of dirty stuff there was to be tackled today, but who cares, right? Laundry can be squeezed in between things that are more fun. And my back is no longer horrid, so it's a good day. More fun....

Like developing a low carb chocolate chip cookie recipe (and we wonder WHY I'm not losing weight???? Ha ha ah.) which will at least save me from further snarfing of the normal chocolate chip cookies that my daughter made and GAINING weight. Also we took a trip to the library, I finished up my tea shop sewing, and promised to teach my youngest how to make meatloaf (Our typical Monday night dinner).

And now, my back is a bit sore, so I shall settle down with some lavender tea and two of those cookies I made.

Here's the recipe:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening or coconut oil (hard/room temp)
1 and 1/2 cups any combination of calorie free sweeteners you like (that measures like sugar) I used 1/2 cup splenda and 1 cup Z-sweet.
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup coconut flour
sugar free chocolate chips.

To make the sugar free chocolate chips: 5 squares of unsweetened bakers chocolate, melt in double boiler. Add and couple of tablespoons of butter and artificial sweetener or calorie free natural sweetener of your choice to taste until it tastes like you want it it taste. I used purevia, which is an erythritol and stevia blend. Be careful not to burn this. Stir constantly. Lay a large piece of parchment paper on a plate and dollop the hot chocolate onto it, then take another piece of parchment paper and spread out the chocolate between the two layers. Freeze.

Put the frozen hardened chocolate through the food processor until it is in chocolate chip sized pieces.

The texture of these cookies is almost like shortbread. I'll have to try to make some coconut flour shortbread next week. After I buy more Z-sweet that is.

Comments