This and That

Lots has been churning through my head and heart this week, but not much of it is the sort of thing I want to write about on a blog.

And so what am I left with? A hodge-podge of I guess.

I still love living here. God's given me at least one new friend, and a few people who are currently in the friendly acquaintance category that I thin, given time and opportunity, could develop into friendship.

Today, Eric was particularly sad about being on the gfcf diet when the OCF was selling donuts and pastries to raise money for a retreat. So, instead of hanging around at coffee hour, we booked it on home (three minute drive), for some lunch. And promises of mom making some treats this afternoon.

So I spent part of my day today making GFCF brownies and some GFCF donut holes. Those turned out very good. At least Eric liked them. Me, not as much. But I don't care. He gets to have those, and I'm very glad he liked them.

Sunday is a nice day to eat up all the leftovers in the fridge, too. Other than the making of treats, its a form of Sabbath rest, I suppose.

And we had family game night: Apples to Apples, Scattergories, and at one point I was doubling up and playing Connect four with Maia while simultaneously trouncing Eric in Rummy. Ha!

So life is good, and that's all the surface stuff. I wish I could sit down with a cup of tea or coffee with my good friends and share all the wonderful things God has been teaching me lately, but that stuff's too personal for blogging. And perhaps it's better to keep some of those things closer to my chest for now.

God is good.

Meanwhile, I found this gem in the book of Jeremiah, and I thought it would be a great Vacation Bible School theme, or at least make for a great Sunday School song:

"For as the waist cloth clings to the loins of a man, so I made the whole house of Judah cling to me, says the Lord, that they might be for me a people, a name, a praise, and a glory, but they would not listen." Jeremiah 13:11

"...Loincloth, a loin cloth, Jesus wants me for a loin cloth..." ;-)

Comments

elizabeth said…
:) nice to hear from you again via the blog world
Bohemimom said…
Ha!! I actually got that reference.

(I don't want anty rice crunchy sguares!)