I'm so tired!

We got up early this morning because B had an 8:30 appointment with a therapist. This is the guy who is going to be doing all her psych testing, to determine the extent of psychosis/neurosis, what is what, etc. At least, that's what I've been told. Seeing him is part of the package deal with her psychiatrist...can't do one without the other, which is good I suppose: They are being thorough. I just wish it weren't so expensive. Well, we'll have our deductible met by the end of February, most likely, between psych, therapist and meds.

But over-all, it felt like a big waste of time today. We got re-acquainted. Three hundred dollars of re-acquainted. How lovely. I truly hope Humana is cooperative about this. I guess there are worse things in the universe than financial ruin, because that is what this will do to us if Humana doesn't pay.

On the way home I stopped at Kroger to pick up a few things, hoping to be out long enough to swing in to Weight Watchers for weigh-in on my way home. That didn't happen, as B got rather greener and greener in the store, and I cut my grocery shopping short so she could get sick in the car as we headed straight home. I am going to have to find a different weight watchers meeting to go to. Perhaps one on Saturday. All this, and now I have to keep taking care of "me", too. How do I do that?

This illness of my dd's changes so many things. She can no longer be the babysitter, and she herself needs help in all sorts of ways, for instance. I'll need to take a nap this afternoon so that I can make a Walmart trip tonight, I suppose. It's a learning process.

Comments

Meg said…
If Humana doesn't pay, see if you can work out a payment arrangement with them. We don't have dental insurance, and our dental bill is in the thousands; but I've had an arrangement for years with my dentist, whereby I pay him $100 a month, and it's always worked out well. See what they say!