Can't quite get it together

God have mercy! I'm having one of those weeks, and it's only Tuesday. Everything I do seems to be teetering on the verge of failure. Yesterday I was going to sew something, and then I realized I'd misplaced the paper that had the dimensions on it. So I had to e-mail the person who could tell me what they were. So I'll be sewing today, instead.

Yesterday I wanted to watch "The Hobbit" with the kids, since we'd just finished reading the book together after realizing my sewing project had to be put on hold. We got the popcorn made, and realized the version we'd checked out from the library was in Spanish.

So, we packed up to go to the library, and of course had to place a copy of the video we wanted on hold because it was at another branch.

And when we got home, realized that for all of that, we'd left that Spanish copy at home so we'll have to go back sometime today and get it returned.

I went for a walk even though I was mostly feeling sick and lousy and started feeling better...like I may actually make it two miles, when I had to cut my walk short at a mile and a half because it started to lightning and thunder. (Since the time I was out walking and lightning struck the street a few yards behind me, I don't mess with that kind of weather, ever.)

And the daylight savings switch is messing up when I get hungry. That makes me grumpy. Grrrrr.

Anyways...such is life.

Glory to God for all things.

Comments