My Weekend in Chicago

Heard on Sunday morning at All Saint's Orthodox Church in Chicago:

"Today the Virgin cometh, cometh unto the cave, to give birth to the Word, who was born before all ages. Begotten in a manner that defies description. Rejoice therefore O Universe, if thou shouldst hear and glorify with the angels and the shepherds. Glorify Him, who by his will shall become a new born babe, and who is our God, before all ages."

Seen under an overpass: A water mark, surrounded by flowers, turned into a shrine, that looked remarkably like a water mark and not very much at all like this:


Also seen:

U-505 captured by the American's off the coast of Africa during WW2, the capture of which brought into our hands the enigma code machine and 900 pounds of code books and documents, helping to win the war on that front. I have a thing for submarines, so this was very very cool!

Comments

Mimi said…
I'm so glad you had a good trip - I'm jealous, I'd love to meet both you and TE!