Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Our Garden Plot






Since we are novice gardeners, our plot is a wee bit runty compared to some of our neighbors' plots, but then again, it is better weeded than some, as well. There's a broad spectrum.

But we sure are enjoying the fruits of the earth and those sunflowers, I wish I could make them scratch-and-sniff through the computer! They literally had nectar dripping off them, and they smelled like a sunflower butter and honey sandwich! (I eat sunflower butter instead of peanut butter because I'm allergic to PB.)

4 comments:

Hezra said...

yours looks awesome! We literally have had such drought that even with watering it is sad. We had two sunflowers and even they died. :-(

Lady of the Ozarks said...

You have a beautiful garden! I've never tried sunflower butter before but it sounds yummy.

poo-head said...

Cool blog...I'm interested in home scooling and will ream more.

That's funny that you and I took almost the identical picture of our garden plot products! I should post mine!

Stephanie Niko said...

You're so lucky to be able to grow your own vegetables! It must taste so much more fresh and delicious. My dad has a huge garden in Greece and always has such amazing produce.