Allergen Friendly Feast

One of my goals today (we are all very griefy) was a pretty table. Achieved.
Eric took some lovely pictures. 


I OFTEN get asked with puzzlement (when I mention my ridiculous food allergies and food restrictions) "So what DO you eat????" Turkey. Traditional Southern style Cornbread dressing done w/ a cornbread base made from coconut flour, flax meal and corn meal, cranberries stewed with dates and dried cherries, pureed.
Sweet potatoes boiled with apple, pureed with margarine and cinnamon and salt, green beans sauteed with mushrooms and onions, with Gluten free french fried onions added (from Aldi's), giblet gravy done with turkey broth, giblets and thickened with corn starch. Desserts include apple tarts sweetened with date puree and a pumpkin seed pie that is done with date puree (inspired by pecan pie and hits the same happy spot in my brain). I also whipped up a cheese biscuit mix for those who can have them, and there are other cookies and reddi whip for those who can. Apple Cinnamon Spice tea, and Camomile Peach tea and water for drink options. So that is how a feast is made for people with ridiculous food restrictions. We don't suffer. Eric loved my stuffing, so I have achieved culinary greatness. Everything here is gluten free and sugar free and nut free, and most of it is dairy free.

Comments

Mat. Anna said…
You rock! ❤️❤️❤️
elizabeth said…
You really pulled it off and it's so beautiful and the pictures Eric took show this beauty well. Just catching up on blogs and wanted to say I've read every post you posted recently. This is hard stuff and I feel like you really did well with it, that you are functioning, doing so much really and battling the grief, loneliness and depression. And figuring out how to make such a wonderful meal. Thinking of you and sending love...