Shifting

Stuff has shifted around a bit this week.  I'm more "on duty" now that Wes' right hand is useless...so I''m doing basic stuff for him more like cutting his food and tying his shoes.

Today we went to Walmart and we bought some shirts that don't have buttons.  And ice cream.

But all this and I watched him in determination figuring out how to tie the top of the trash bag with one hand.  He is absolutely determined to do whatever he can for himself.  And yes, he's still working.

We are figuring it all out and communication can be hard at times.

So I joined a gym so I can do some strength training...because it would be foolish not to do so, knowing there's some heavy lifting coming my way pretty soon....

Being a caregiver is HARD WORK.

Comments

elizabeth said…
very hard. continued prayers. and love.
Praying for you all
Frewtyl said…
I've been thinking about you so much. Thank you for posting, and sharing your journey. I wish you strength, and peace. But you don't need to feel either of those- feel what you feel, and I will pray for what you need to be delivered. Strength training has really helped me move forward with other things in my life. I found physical strength helped me move forward with so much else.