Summer Time Update

I feel like I have not written anything on this blog in ages. I've been busy and then there was a stomach bug type thing that I HOPE I'm over and yes, I'm VERY AWARE that all it seems I blog about is how sick I feel or how often I get sick or that my kids are sick or that I'm having a fibromyalgia flare up and waaaah, waaaah, waaaah.

I apologize.

I think the mono is a thing of the past, now.

Lets see...what's been happening? Well, there's the garden. I wish I could write some deeply spiritual gardening wisdom for you all here, but all I have to say is that I've fallen in love with the idea and the process of putting a seed in the dirt, pulling out the competition, giving it water and watching it grow. It's a miracle. We've had a modest harvest of snow peas, about five green beans (the bugs ate the leaves), four or five large Zucchini, with more in the pipline, several batches of fried green tomatoes that fell off the vine too early, one fantatstic ripe heirloom tomato and yesterday Wes came in with some Butternut.

He picked them WAY too early but he said our gardening neighbor said they were ready to pick, so he picked them. I'm going to cook one tonight and see what happens. I especially love the peacefulness of spending a Friday evening out there as a family, weeding, harvesting and watering. It's peaceful out at Blackacre Farm (the public community garden where we have our plot).

In other news, I've opened an esty shop (www.freetocover.etsy.com) and will be adding more selections to that as time goes by, AND I'm working on getting a "little girl's dress" on-line boutique started. We shall see how that goes. I need to spend the afternoon working more on that project.

So, that is what all has been keeping me from blogging. That, and facebook. It's all facebook's fault that I'm not blogging as much as I used to. It is much easier to spew my life in short bites there, than to actually think and write on here. I'll try to do better, I promise.

Comments

Linny said…
Your explanation of why you love gardening made me feel compelled to share this quote with you: "There is no unbelief; Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod And waits to see it push away the clod. He trusts in God." -Kate Douglas Wiggin

And as far as Facebook goes... Well, from time to time, I deactivate my account just to get myself OUT of there! I plan it out: No Facebook for a week, a month, whatever time period I feel compelled to follow. And it seems to me that I always go back a bit refreshed and the other things in my life seem to come together a little better.