My Tracking Game

Well, folks, I lost weight again this week. Which, on the one hand, since I have a really bad cold and I did not think my body would multi-task that well, is very astonishing, but on the other hand, since I have been faithfully tracking my points and drinking TONS of water is not surprising at all. 1.2 pounds. I'll take it.

So, have I told you all of my motivational tracking game? A few weeks back I was having a real huge struggle with tracking points faithfully and so I made some rules: For each day that I track, I get a dollar of "allowance". If I track for seven days, I get to keep the money no matter if I lose weight or gain. If I track for less than seven days, I only get to have the money from the days I tracked that week IF I lost weight.

This game is motivating me, and I am happy to report that I have earned nineteen dollars in the past three weeks, to go towards a pedicure once I've accumulated enough cash to pay for such a procedure.

I've never had a pedicure in my life. I'm a bit nervous about someone carving my hooves off. Perhaps I should contact a farrier instead?

And I've been steadily losing weight, which is the whole point of the game. Another sub point of the game is to teach myself to do with non food awards. I'm not good at that. Since I"m a fat person, it's obvious that I've tended to use food as a reward in the past. So, there's a bonus...something good to learn.

I wish I could work out, but instead I'm sitting on the couch, waiting for the results on my spleen test, nursing this mono and a cold, and drinking water. Woop dee do. When I hit twenty pounds lost, I'll put up another picture of myself.

I need to perk this blog up with more pictures, recipes etc.

Comments

elizabeth said…
always good to hear from you! prayed for you this morning... :)
elizabeth said…
gave you FYI the Keepin' it Real award tonight! HUGS and love! :)