Vile Smell of the Week: Pysanka eggs!!!

Yes, I did the research.

The research said that one could not blow them out and that over time they would dry out from the inside.

The research was clearly wrong.

I set the basket on top of an obscure book shelf, and today, as I was searching for a field guide to wild flowers, found the vile smell. Not like rotten eggs, oh no no! All cheesy-like and stinky. I carefully removed the eggs into a zip-lock bag and discovered that one of them had leaked and had under it: Maggots. Oh joy.

Needless to say, I am down a basket as well. Hello dumpster, good-bye Pysanka eggs!

Comments

elizabeth said…
Oh no!! Sigh...

***

wishing you a great rest of the week! with homeschool decisions and the like...
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
Cha said…
Oh, dear. We blow our pysanky out, rinse them, and varnish them.
The smell of a rotten pysanky egg is one you never forget.
Anonymous said…
Ugh, that reminds me of when I was a kid and my neighbor had a basket full of sound, empty eggs. Determined to figure out how this was possible, and after much thinking, I decided the term "go suck an egg" had some value. I poked a whole in an egg with a needle and painstakingly sucked its contents out, spitting and gagging until it was over. Well, needless to say, the egg wasn't worth keeping after all that trouble! Jazz