Creamed Broccoli Clam Chowder-GAPS/Metabolism Miracle/lenten

1 large onion
2 stalks celery

chopped and sauteed in either a bit of water or non-olive oil. ;-)

When onions are clear, add:

1 family pack sized bag of frozen broccoli,
64 oz. water
1 tablespoon salt
pepper to taste
a generous sprinkling of garlic powder
juice from three cans of clams

bring to boil and cook until broccoli is tender.

Blend soup with an immersion blender (or put through a blender). I left some chunks of broccoli, but much of it was nicely pureed.

Return to heat and whisk in 1/4 cup coconut flour to thicken. This thickens nicely and quickly.

Add clams.

Stir and serve.

Could also use frozen cauliflower (or a head of fresh cauliflower) for a more
potato-like soup.

Comments

Anonymous said…
OOh, I'm going to try this. Thanks, and God Bless.
Tamara
Martha said…
sounds good...thanks!
Unknown said…
Oh my word, a menu that is safe for my entire family. Now if only I can trick them all into trying it!