Whimsy


I found two little acorn fairies frolicking in the wood pile by the fire place. Bright bits of wool fluff seems to be the fashion for acorn fairies this fall, and they informed me that my air conditioning was too cold for their taste. I tried to explain about unexpected sweats and such, but had honest trouble getting a word in edgewise. Very opinionated, those two are. We had a nice little chat about the environment, though, among other important fairy news. They wanted me to know unequivocably that I should stop joking about lepruchans so much (and that they knew, being fairies, of my tendencies to joke about lepruchans...creepy...), since everyone knows that lepruchans belong in the same category as the Loch Ness monster and Sasquatch.

I did not quite have the heart to tell these two little ladies that I thought those were real, too. And it's too bad I'm not a better photographer. But being rather mischevious, they kept making bunny ears over each other's heads, or sticking their tongues out at the camera, and this is the best shot I could get.

Comments

elizabeth said…
fun and cute pix! I see some story potential here...
Laura said…
cute....always good to indulge in a bit of fancy...
Hezra said…
HAH!! Love it!
Bohemimom said…
That is so! Cute!