So Tired I could Cry

5:40 pm. stardate 8262009. Fatigue. Computer...make dinner. No? Computer not responding. Must...go...do...it...my...own...self. Big...shuddering...sigh.

Please tell me I'm not the only person who gets so tired at this time of day? At about 2:30 or 3 pm each day I get bone crunchingly (yes, that's a word. Because I said so) tired, and just want to lie in bed and read. But instead, I do things like take people to the doctor, drive my car, help people paint models of the planets and the sun, do laundry and catch up on e-mail.

Oh, and cook dinner. Still have to do that.

now. See...here I go. Getting off the computer to go make a yucky dinner that no one( read: E and maybe A) will want to eat.

All I want to do is climb into a big plate of spaghetti, and some chocolate. But I don't do that. Oh no.

Did I mention that I'm so tired I could cry?

Comments

With such a busy week, no wonder you are exhausted. :(

(I don't remember the science behind it, but for some reason humans get tired at this time of day. Part of the natural biological rhythm. Don't know if you could somehow alter the family daily schedule to allow you and the kids to take a 20 minute breather in the afternoons, but if you could everyone would be more relaxed. Think of it as English tea time.)

Hope you get lots of rest tonight.
Janelle
Anna said…
And I wagged my finger at ya...sorry. :-(
elizabeth said…
yeah. I get tired at this time too. I get teary when tired.

Can you eat a snack for energy around 4? I know if I do not eat or drink enough I do not do well.

Love to you. Prayers for a good sleep.
Bohemimom said…
I like the Enlish Tea Time/ Siesta thing idea. Other cultures have a leg up on Americans when it comes to relaxing, I think. =)
maria said…
Hang in there, hon. You're amazing.