Ridiculous Commute

Yesterday, Wes' car broke down, and so he had AAA tow it back to Lexington to go in the shop here. Yes, that's right. Long distance towing service. Worth every penny.

So the net result was that the kids and I got to drive out and pick him up after work yesterday evening.

Qdoba was yummy. We'd never eaten there before, but were able to check the internet and find find some gluten free things on the menu for B to eat, so that was where we went for dinner.

Louisville got hit with hurricane force winds last Sunday and parts of the city are still without power (and many people have died from improper use of generators, God have mercy!), so we had to drive a bit until we found a Qdoba that was open. But we'd confirmed their menu already, so we were determined. (Having a family member on a special diet makes eating out rather challenging.) And since we don't eat out all that often, my list of places that are safe to go is rather small. One, right now. Must do more research.

But the upshot of last night's wanderings, no new conclusion, just confirmation:

RIDICULOUS. COMMUTE.

My husband is clearly a very patient man.

And now it's time for me to do some gluten free baking so that B has a freezer stash of stuff to grab. The plan: some sort of bready item for her, and a pan of gfcf cornbread so that I can use it later in the week to make stuffing.

ta ta for now. I'll try to post more often in the coming weeks. Really, I will.

Comments

mamajuliana said…
I can indetify with the gluten free baking...we always have to have some on hand for our daughter.

We also have the same problem with eating out, too. It is just so much easier to eat at home...
gemma said…
Alana, do you know about this website glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com?

She has a wealth of information and recipes for people who must be gluten free -- I believe she has celiac disease.

Also just read about a gluten free produce called chebe - they have a website -- I think its chebe.com.

Maybe these will be helpful places for that gluten free diet.
maria said…
Lady, you are amazing. I don't know how you do all that you do. I have and will continue to pray for you and yours. And I WILL call to schedule coffee before I leave the library today!