The Morning Face Challenge

My friend Lisa has issued a morning face challenge on her blog. Ah, yes! The unvarnished truth of what women look like first thing in the morning.

Quite frankly, since I don't wear much make-up, and when I do it's only a little bit, the skin part of this challenge is not so scary.

And then there's the hair. I'm one of these people who does need to put some serious effort into my appearance to only get a modicum of goodness from my looks. Especially my hair!

Well, never one to shirk a challenge, here's me, and all my morning glory. I'm 37 years old, have a bit of gray in my hair, and am eternally struggling to merely be/stay plump.

Some wiser person on another blog said it well: It's time to let the younger women shine. What a relief! I was never much good at that, anyways.

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the read of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." --Proverbs 31:25-30, NIV

Comments

Mimi said…
You look great!
Anonymous said…
"she does not eat THE READ OF IDLENESS"

Oh my Gosh! The author of Proverbs saw the rise of Blogging all those years ago!

Photo is not bad at all. You still look pretty youngish; yous aint goin bald and white headed like some of us!
Alana said…
Yeah, the read of idleness...actually, I probably do eat that...maybe it's low carb!

Typo is my mistake, of course, and now since you commented on it, I can't remove it.
Anonymous said…
I think you look great, and even better in three dimension!
Paula said…
CUTE picture! Fun challenge, huh? I took it, too.