Second Worst Supper Ever

Don't try this at home!

Shrimp Garbage (Pronounce the second part with a fake French accent, soft "g", you know the drill)

In hot skillet:

Tablespoon of minced garlic
small can of diced green chillis
small can of minced olives
Package of broccoli and cauliflower florets
Seasonings to taste:

Oregano, Parsley, chilli powder, cumin

Cook until veggies are almost done, then add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is done.

No lie...this smelled and tasted like the bottom the the kitchen garbage can! That's what I get for off the cuff cooking, oh, man oh, man!

My husband and I both agree that there was one meal that was worse, but neither of us have any clear memories. I seem to think it was something involving an unfortunate use of quinoa and one of my daughters seems to think it was lumpy and brown with sad bits of vegetables in it. Her description fits close enough.

Fortunately, the Shrimp Garbage inspired us to clean out the fridge, so many leftovers were happily consumed.

It goes without saying where the Shrimp dish will end up.

Comments

Reader Michael said…
My favorite shrimp dish (and my wife and daughter love it too)-
shrimp creole

I saute in a pan of butter:
onions, green peppers, diced zucchini, yellow squash (the gourd-looking ones), frozen/cooked sweet corn

sprinkle liberally with Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning (I know it's cheating...)

when the veggies are pretty well cooked (the zucchinis should be softish) add the shrimp.

then add some stewed tomatoes from a can and stir it up.

finally stir the whole thing into cooked rice.

I don't think it's fast-approved (the butter)
My daughter (4) loves "shrimps"!
Alana said…
I try not to think too hard about what shrimp is...insect-like bottom-feeder ...while I'm eating it.