Integration

Someone on a chat board I like to read asked the question: How do we integrate our Christianity into our whole life? Or, how do we live integrated Christian lives? What does that look like?

People waxed eloquent. Lemme tell ya.

I did not answer that thread but one thing did come to mind:

Mowing the grass, with a klunker lawn mower that needs it's carburator adjusted, already tired, but wanting to get this chore done, smelling like the gasoline that I spilled on my hands and breathing in nasty fumes...my faith becomes integrated when this event is a call to prayer and I actually pray, rather than fuming, griping and complaining to myself.

Victory indeed!

Comments

Meg said…
You got it. ;-)
Mimi said…
Indeed.
Bluecanopy said…
beautiful...
Susan said…
You are a good woman!
I most likely would have been saying four letter words under my breath.
I do pray at times like those though....although I feel kinda silly....as if God doesnt have more important things to do:)
Alana said…
Layers, my brain has layers. Unfortuantely I'm fully capable of the Jesus prayer and grumbling as an extreme sport done simultaneously.