The Breakfast Plan

Again, working with 400 calorie budget here, and the fact that I am a creature, very much, of habit. 

An honest assessment of my cozy eating habits revealed that I eat a bit too much at each meal...by about 200 calories, if you include snacks, that adds up to quite a bit of extra weight. 

So I decided 1800 calories a day would be a better target, and towards that end, I need to tweak my habits and my meals.  To make it easy at dinner (the danger zone time of day, donchaknow), I prepped pre-made freezer meals for myself. For breakfast, all I need is a menu, because I only eat about three different things EVER for breakfast....

Continental:
1 slice Udi's toast
2 T. Sunbutter
1 banana

or
Breakfast Sandwich:
1 slice Udi's toast
1 sausage patty
1 banana

or 
Muesli:  
1/2 cup raw oats
2 T. protein powder
1 c. blueberries
1 c. coconut milk
1/4 cup sunflower seeds

or
The Hobbit:
3 slices bacon
2 eggs
1T. bacon fat for the eggs
1 piece of fruit (not a banana)

Coffee, in my world, is always black. 

So that's how I'm going to do breakfasts....

Now I need a lunch plan.  (actually, I have one...sort of):  meaty salad or a fruit/veggie/protein smoothie.  And a snack plan (I need to make some portion controlled desserty snacky nom nom bars.)  

The over all plan is:  3 400 calorie meals,  a  200 calorie snack and unlimited fruit (not bananas) and non-starchy veggies.  That's why so many starchy veggies are in the meals themselves...I can always add a salad on the side....

Comments