The Amazing Soup

I made an amazing soup tonight. It's completely lenten, dairy free, gluten free (sorry, not paleo this time)...and it was SOOOOO GOOD. And we had more than half a gallon of leftovers because I made a bit vat of it and it was very filling. Yum.

And then I put it in a jar and went to put it in the fridge...and slipped. And it fell on the floor, and crashed and spilled broken glass and hot soup all over my feet.

My feet are OK. Only three band-aids needed. The soup was hot but not scalding.

I am very sad about not having those leftovers, though.

Here's the recipe:

Chop: 5 or 6 stalks of celery, 1 large onion, and about a cup of carrots. Sautee these in the bottom of the pan with some coconut oil. Add a big dollop of minced garlic (as much as you like, I like a lot).

Peel and cube a 5 pound bag of potatoes. Peel and cube 2 turnips (or a couple extra potatoes). I added the turnips to add variety to the nutrition of the soup.

Add this to the pot, 1/2 T. salt, or to taste. Pepper and parsley as you see fit. Add water to cover the veggies but not too very much. Let boil until all the vegetables are tender.

Blend until smooth with immersion blender.

Add 1 can of coconut cream and 1 bag of Daiya cheddar style fake cheese. Allow to melt into the soup.

Serve.

This was a very nice creamy dairy free "cheesy" soup and I really really wish I could have another bowl right now. But that is not meant to be.

Comments

gemma said…
Just checking in. As I do. Hope all is well.
Misery's Fence said…
This recipe sounds wonderful! So sorry about your foot and losing your leftovers! :-(