Offer it Up

What a beautiful Saturday morning it is today! I've been up since about 2:30 AM, but I'll not complain. I got some reading and internet cruising done, and the fresh air coming in through my open back door is lovely.

A good morning for a bracing cup of tea!

Well, I went to the doctor again yesterday, and she agrees that since my MRI came back clear we could put off a neurologist until/unless weird neuro stuff starts up again. Meanwhile, I know for a fact now that I do NOT have Lyme Disease. Nor do I have CMV. But I DO have Epstein Barr. No big surprise there. My system (slow, sluggish and beleaguered that it is) just hasn't been able to fight it off yet. So I was right...the mono is still flaring up and affecting my life from time to time.

And so it looks like the three things (or is that four?) that we know about are what are going on: Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's, Epstein Barr, the copper thing, the and hormones (ya gotta pronounce that like the lady on My Big Fat Greek Weeding, as 'or-mon-ees, just for fun).

So, it's time to start taking medication for the fibromyalgia. I've been diagnosed with it for eight years now, and although I've been on the guaifenesin protocol for many of those years, I was never all that much better. I went off the guai protocol last fall hoping that the Hashimoto's diagnosis was what was really going on...but by now it's clear that's just one piece of the puzzle.

I've changed SO MANY things for the better since last fall: gluten free, grain free, no more sugar, no more starches, no more coffee, lots and lots of good fruits, vegetables, meats when I can get them, etc.

I've seen wee hints of healing here and there. I'm no longer showing any signs of allergy when I eat almonds. So that tells me my gut indeed is healing. My knees don't hurt anymore when I go up and down stairs. That's a blessing, because in three months we'll be moving, Lord willing, to a house with stairs.

Why do I go on and on about my health? heh. Good question. Maybe it's because it is currently defining and proscribing my life. Did I use that word correctly? It's hemming me in on every side. There's so much I want to do that I don't get to do...both in general, and in specific instances: no contra dancing, no fitness efforts, a cancelled date last night because I was too tired, no big sewing jobs.... I just have to let those things go and give them to God.

As my Roman Catholic friends say: "Offer it up". Indeed.

Comments

so pleased your MRI is clear. Sally xx
Prayers.

Will your bedroom be accessible for you? God willing it will all be fine at your new house. No dwelling this side of heaven is perfect.