Blame it on the Matrix

You know, I've blogged much more about the issues that my oldest dd has, than about anything concerning my other kids. The squeaky wheel and all that. (Always trying to maintain proper boundaries and privacy all along, as much as I can, of course. My goal is to never embarrass my kids on my blog.)

But I have another one of my children, and I've always said: Whatever is wrong with me, this one has the exact same thing.

There has been leg pain, and this kid has dropped out of scouting type activities from it. This kid cannot stand up in Church, has NEVER been able to stand up in Church due to leg pain. (It's frustrating, to say the least, in my everlasting quest to appear more pious than the next person, to have a kid of mine who can't stand up in Church...tongue firmly planted in cheek, in case you did not notice).

So I took this fast-growing-now-teenaged-"child" of mine to the same health care person that gave me so many answers.

She listened. She took notes. And she took lots and lots of blood.

And yesterday, we got the results.

Turns out this kids of mine ALSO has low thyroid function and all the same deficiencies that I have, plus some of his/her own.

And this person ALSO needs the gluten free/casein free diet. We are up to half the family needing this eating plan, now!

I'm hoping, hoping, hoping, that this will make a difference for her/him, too, like it has for me!

I asked Shelley (the nurse practitioner whom we see) if me being depleted during pregnancy could have set this one up for such issues: "Oh yes".

Comments

elizabeth said…
Thank God to know this so early for your child. Lord help and have mercy!
Xen Xen said…
I know it is only one of the focus points, but The Gluten Connection is a great book that is highly recommended. I hope all the changes really do help!
I pray that your child will start to feel better soon.
Laura said…
Wow...well I am glad you are getting some answers. Perhaps this will prevent future pain/crushing fatigue for your child!
konstantina said…
I'm sorry to hear about the sad news, but it is a blessing to at least learn of the problems at a young age.

The prayers of the Church help a lot for these kinds of things as well. Loads of people here in Greece have prayers said over them for all sorts of things. Perhaps that could also benefit you and your child. I'm sure your priest would be willing to say some extra prayers over you both.

Hope things clear up a bit with the diet.
Mimi said…
I am so thankful you have the answer, but that's a bummer indeed. Continued prayers.