Vile Smell of the Week

Somehow, without really planning on it, I've done a good bit of cleaning this week. This morning there as an inconclusive odor in my kitchen. I cleaned up the pantry shelves, checking all the squashes, onions, garlic, potatoes, fruit...no rot there to speak of.

I even CLEANED THE REFRIDGERATOR!!!!! (it was nasty)

Still, the vile smell persisted.

I finally figured out what it is.

And the problem is, I can't do much about it right now. ech.

See, last week, maintenance came and installed a brand spankin' new dishwasher. You'd think this would be a good thing, right?

Well, so far, not.

Because it does not drain right.

And I've been SO BUSY that I've not called them to report the problem.

So there's been brown waters sitting in the bottom of the dishwasher for about a week.

And now it smells. REALLY BAD, IT SMELLS.

Like sewage.

Oh, lovely.

And other than running the dishwasher again (which I'm doing, it may be the biggest mistake I could make but I do live impetuously) with some vinegar, and lighting a candle, there's NOTHING I can do but nag maintenance.

So that, my friends, is keepin' it real.

Oh yeah, and I've been eating a LOT of hummus lately, so there are the hummus farts. But the dishwasher is worse. Far, far worse.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear about the dishwasher. If it's not one thing, it's half a dozen of another.

We have water filter problems under our sink. The little connector to the hose that takes water from the outside supply to the filter has busted. We bought the filtering system nearly 20 years ago when our second son was born and we wanted to provide filtered (well most elements) water for washing baby bottles and drinking water. So, we go to the hardware store where we purchased it. Guess what? This system is not handled by the store anymore, and we resort to online resources, but guess what? The only thing to buy online is replacement filter cartridges or the special wrenches. Guess what? We may no longer find need to drink filtered water anymore...in the meantime the wooden shelf under the sink smells like...wet wood. And, no, we have not been eating baked beans, natto, nor hummus.