Working with Chiffon Fabric
Chiffon doll dress with bodice ruching and a blush-pink lining.
Tips for working with chiffon:
1. Use lots of pins, even when laying out and cutting the fabric, especially if it is a double layer.
2. Work slowly and deliberately, do not rush.
3. Pay attention to details-since it is see-through, the seams have to be perfect.
4. Either use french seams or serge/zig zag the seam allowances, again, due to the see-through nature of the fabric.
5. Instead of hemming, a very fine zig-zag stitch or scallops look very nice.
6. Be gentle if you have to undo a seam. Work slowly and carefully if seam-ripping and it is not a problem.