The Sick Report or "Since I'm the Mom..."

Wes stayed home from work today, and has been running to the bathroom between bouts of napping and playing on the computer. For a while he was running a fever. Now he's up and feeling a bit better and has even eaten something.

I've been feeling run down and sickish today, but nothing too terribly dramatic...so been doing laundry, running out to the store to buy ginger ale and fruit and toilet bowl cleaner, disinfectant wipes, etc.

We (me, kids) went around and wiped down surfaces we touch a lot and I cleaned the bathrooms, too. I'm on a germ smashing campaign.

Did I mention the fruit salad and the vat of chicken soup my no-so-well self made at lunch time? Yes, that too.

And then, late afternoon I had to sleep. HAD. TO. SLEEP. So I did.

And when I got up and told a teenager to make a pizza for supper. So SHE did.

I'm sort of glad I don't have to run to the bathroom every twenty minutes like some people, but on the other hand, I'm not feeling so great either. But since I'm the Mom, I did much today.

So, that's my wonderful life today.

I've really been digging Psalm 41 lately. The Jordanville monastery translation from the LXX version. I'll post it soon. It's about depression.

Comments