My First "Real" Cake


Meaning, I sat in on the cake decorating class Ariana is taking and learned some stuff, and spent last evening practicing roses.

So, I need to pay for the class, since clearly I'm in it, too.

There's a bake sale at Church tomorrow, so this is for that. Inside is Devil's Food, and the frosting is buttercream with butter, vanilla and almond flavoring.

Yes, I know that the decoration style is a bit out dated, but that's OK. I might use some sewing money to pay for the next class in the series.

Comments

Renee said…
I would not say outdated.. but classically beautiful
Laura said…
Very pretty!
mamajuliana said…
Pretty! You did a wonderful job. I would like to take a cake decorating class someday.
Rebecca said…
Very pretty indeed! My husband bought me a cake decorating kit for Christmas a few years back ... someday I'd like to take a class too. I've done a few shaped cakes (mostly snowmen and bears) and used it ... but I've always wanted to learn how to do the roses and such like your pretty cake!
Alana said…
There is TONS of information out there for FREE on youtube. (Hint Hint Hint). and also: Practice makes perfect.