Stuff I've been Doing

Yesterday, I got a bee in my proverbial bonnet to do some sewing. I decided to challenge myself and create a pattern from a garment I already own, which is getting worn out. Here's the pattern. Unmentionable. Modesty will not permit me to post a photo of the final product, but suffice it to say, I'm VERY PLEASED w/ how my garment turned out. I bought some light blue satin and some coffee colored lace, and some embroidered organza. So I have enough fabric to make several garments. Pretties.

And my youngest desperately wants to take a cake decorating class, so she's been watching how-to vids on Youtube, and today she baked a cake (her first) and she and I frosted it together, and practiced royal icing roses and leaves. Obviously we are rank beginners at cake decorating, but she and I both had fun and are looking forward to getting better, and taking a class soon.

Comments

elizabeth said…
yay sewing!

very cool first cake!!

and love the icon near by..
wendylf said…
Beautiful cake! Glad you had success with your unmentionalbe, too! :)
Athanasia said…
That's her 'first' attempt?! My goodness! It looks nearly professional to me!! Good on daughter!
Mimi said…
Very good job on the cake!