Exciting Update!

Continued prayers, please, but things are looking good!

The doctor-who-is-not-to-be called me back and she had spoken with one of the top honchos as THE place here in town that has been recommended. It's part of the University of Louisville's Hospital System.

I'd called there last week trying to get her in, and was turned down because they are supposedly full.

Well, the nice doctor we saw today called her buddy there and they spoke about B's case, and he said he wants to squeeze her in. His "solo" (I think that's like a resident) has a particular interest in Childhood Schizophrenia and clinically difficult cases are attractive to teaching hospitals. I guess I did not sell B's case very well the other day, eh?

So on Thursday (when Dr. honcho guy goes back in to the office, he's going to speak with the folks in the intake department, and then on Friday I'm to call them and get an appointment for Bethany. If they have not heard of me, then I'm to lavishly name drop and take it to the top, who is the Dr. Honcho the doctor from today spoke to.

Until we actually have an appointment, I will still feel stressed and prayerful, so please keep the prayers coming that we can get B in to Bingham Clinic.

The other good news, is that last week, a rep from our insurance agency called Wes and told him that Bingham has just been added as being in-network. This was the day after we'd been turned down for Bingham, so Wes did not mention it to me. But now that this door is opening up, he told me and I'm so relieved.

Prayers please, that B can get in to be seen at Bingham Clinic with a really really top notch team to help her.

Comments

Victoria said…
Wow, that is some good, good news! I heart and flower the not-your-doctor who listened carefully to you and then called a friend!

Bingham Clinic: Take her, take her, take her, take her, take her...
elizabeth said…
Lord have mercy and please please please God may this work out and help B!

My prayers.
Edana said…
I'm hoping and praying for you! I hope they take her and are able to help her. Let us know as soon as you find out.
Anonymous said…
What terrific news!!!! I will keep praying....
Tamara
amy said…
wonderful news; I'll keep praying!
GrandmaToots said…
Glory to God!!! I'll continue to pray!!!!!
Rebecca said…
Sounds promising! I'll keep praying!
Very exciting indeed!

:)

(off topic: can you please post the sunflower seed butter recipe? Is it hard to make for the unskilled-in-the-kitchen folk?)
Mimi said…
Prayers continue.