Speaking of New Beginnings...


I have me some fat to lose. Yes, about sixty or seventy pounds worth. I could even lose eighty if my body suddenly decides to be thin. I doubt my body will decide that. At any rate, it's time to feed myself differently.

I already started an exercise program. Got a head start on that score when I joined Curves last November. I love going to Curves.

Now, what's my diet plan, you ask: The Metabolism Miracle. Yes, I know. Low carb again. But here's the rub: I counted SO MANY calories last year, and all to no avail. This diet seems smarter than others I've tried. And if you want to diss it, do so on your own blog. It also seems long-term liveable beause after an 8 week phase one of low carb eating, the purpose of which is to rest my poor beleaguered pancreas, the diet introduces careful amounts of very healthy carbs like milk and fruit and whole grain bread again. So the low carb is not forever.

If you have a spare tire around your belly that you can't seem to get rid of, this might be the diet for you. If diabetes runs in your family, this might be the diet for you. If you are diabetic or pre-diabetic, this might be the diet for you. If you are an "apple" instead of a "pear" this might be your diet. If suddenly you can't lose weight the way you used to, this might be for you. Check it out.

By the way, I stole the image above from www.amazon.com. It's a great place to buy this book.

Comments

Genevieve said…
This sounds cool! Just a quick question though- how do you eat low carb during Lent??
mamajuliana said…
Thank you Alana!
I just went ahead and ordered this book on Amazon! It looks wonderful...just what I need!
Michael said…
Congratulations on your diet plan Alana! Thank you for sharing with us this book as I can't wait to get a hold of this. Did you also know that drinking coffee can also help you lose weight. I have read in a book that it cause an increase in metabolism and as a result.. weight loss. I cant wait to get my braun coffee maker back to work.
Laura said…
Jim and I have been doing low carb for a while...he's more hard core than I am. We've both lost weight though, so I think it has merit. Jim is "pre-diabetic" so he truly needed to cut down on his carbs anyway. I just ate too much :) I do a "curves like" work out at Planet fitness that I really like...and I love the elliptical machine!
Anonymous said…
Good luck! Low carb totally worked for me; I was around your size and lost about 80 lbs in 2009 very easily. Just be sure to get enough FIBER! I didn't always, and very very bad things happened. :)
Cheering for you!
BTW, I love how you told would-be detractors to dis the diet on their own blog. :)