Leavin' On a Jetplane....

Well, today turned into a kerfluffle of flying telephone calls, as my sister and I, my brother and my parents were all trying to coordinate travel plans to go to my grandfather's funeral in central Texas.

I have not been on an airplane in over fifteen years! It was a different world, back then, I guess. Now I have to worry about security issues. I don't think they'll let me bring any atkins shakes with me. Bummer. Guess I'll have to buy those when I get on the ground again.

I had to make a store run to get travel sized stuff, and some low carb snacks, a couple of brainless novels to read during flight, etc.

I keep checking and re-checking baggage restrictions. And I can barely wrap my head around what to pack, not to mention what's for supper. Today was such a day. My card file system was utterly ignored, as the normal was replaced with activities outside of the scope of normal.

Although I'm not looking forward to getting up at pre-dawn hours to get there in time for my 6:35 a.m. flight departure time, I do think that it's a bit exciting to be getting on an airplane again. And, I'm looking forward to hangin' with my sister, seeing the rest of my family, including cousins and aunt-n-uncle types of people.

The rest of my family will hold down the fort here.

May PeePaw's memory be eternal.

Comments

Unknown said…
Memory eternal and may all the family be a comfort to one another. Enjoy the living, toast the departed, travel safely and let me know what the security process is like--I haven't flown since before 9/11 either.
Victoria said…
Memory eternal...

I hope you enjoy your family...

and best wishes for the airplane travel as well. My strategy is to forget the fact that I'm a human person and just go with the feeling of being a rat in a maze in a not-very-interesting experiment. This keeps me from losing my temper with the [redacted] security officers and baggage restrictions.
gemma said…
So sorry for your loss. Safe trip and in my experience the gathering of the family is a blessing for everyone.
Anonymous said…
Memory Eternal!
Sincere sympathies for you and your family. May your grandfather's memory be eternal.
elizabeth said…
Memory Eternal!

BTW some airlines are charging for luggage - I did not know and took two suitcases with me and had to pay almost 50.00 one way.

My love and prayers.
Anonymous said…
Memory Eternal!

Have a safe trip. My humble advice, travel as light as you can. Do buy the shakes....

Tammy
amy said…
May his memory be eternal.

Best wishes for safe travel and joyful times with family as you recall beautiful memories of your grandfather together.