Need Some Prayer Here, Please!

I've been really really busy lately. And nothing blogworthy to write about. I do have a prayer request though:

My oldest, B, is getting her days and nights reversed, thanks to her new medication (Geodon) which is working GREAT when she is alert and awake. Unfortunately, that happens to be at night. She did not sleep at all last night. Says she saw the clock change every hour. Her sisters complained to me this morning of her dividing the numbers on the clock into factors etc. All. Night. Long.

Please pray with me that she would be able to stay up today (this is going to get hard for her and be a LOOOOONG day for all of us, I'm afraid) and that God would grant her sleep tonight. That her days and nights would NOT get reversed.

Night before last she woke up at 2:45, and was awake. Then she spent the day sleeping, some in her bed, and then when I got her up after a two hour nap, she crashed on the couch all day.

We tried messing with when we give her her meds, but I'm thinking she needs to just take them at night. I don't know. Can't really tell. I spoke with the pharmacist and although restlessness is a side effect, sleeplessness is not (supposedly). Heh.

Comments

Hezra said…
ugh. poor you . AND her. I will be praying for you all.(ok and the torture of hearing her do math out loud all night , poor sisters too!!!) hugs to ya sister. From another mom who understands. and may I just comment something abstract??(but that you will understand) I made a crocheted sock and had to take it apart!!! THE WHOLE THING!!! so I sit here staring at the ball of yarn instead of wearing a cozy sock. GAH!
elizabeth said…
Lord have mercy.

This is really hard - to have insomnia at night is a killer. Will pray. *hugs*
O Lord, have mercy on this family.

St Xenia, pray for Alana and her children.

(off-topic. email if you'd like an invite to my now private blog.)

Peace, Janelle
Anonymous said…
My sleep schedule is messed up too, and it's making me miserable. I'll definitely be praying God have mercy on all of us, and grant us (night) sleep.
mamajuliana said…
Lord have mercy. I hope things are going better for you and your daughter.
lisa said…
I'm praying too, Alana! Love you and B so much!