2009 Meme

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

I wore the same 2 identical brown dresses for 30 days in a row. Yay me!

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Well, my 2009 New Year's Resolution was NOT TO DIET, but rather to eat like a mature individual and let my weight natually drift downward and find its own level. HA! Ha! Ha ha ha! I failed. On so many levels. I tried the "No S Diet" and gained weight, I went to OA and did not lose and the month after I quit, I gained ten pounds. I tracked my food, off and on, via www.sparkpeople.com and never did lose, but at least while I was tracking I didn't gain weight either.

Grand total this year: 30 pounds gained! How's that for letting my weight drift downward by mature choices? FAIL!!!!!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

My neighbor had a baby. He's cute.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No.

5. What countries did you visit?

Sigh. I don't think I even left the State except for going to Indiana to pick up my milk every week.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

I would like to have WEIGHT LOSS in 2010. All my efforts will be bent towards this task. Mwahahahahaha.

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

I don't really do specific dates.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Getting off my butt/over my overwhelmedness and having Eric and Maia tested for autism spectrum stuff.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Struggling with the same lame-o sins over and over again. Mostly having to do with GAINING 30 pounds.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Does Fibromyalgia count? Had a few flare ups of that. And bronchitis. And crushing fatigue and sleeplessness and hot flashes.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Raw Milk!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

The kids. They are so wonderful.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Mine. I can't believe I let myself gain 30 POUNDS!!!!! Aaaaaagh and Aaaaaack!

14. Where did most of your money go?

Buying wool to knit, and cookies. I'm sure I bought too many cookies. And starbucks. Yeah. It's no mystery HOW I gained 30 pounds, is it?

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Knitting lace! Knitting socks!


16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2009?

Song? My life lacks a sound track. I have no song.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

* Happier or sadder?

-I don't know. About the same. Stressed out about slightly different stuff, I guess.

* Thinner or fatter?

- Way Fatter.

* richer or poorer?

- Same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Wish I'd prayed more and met more people.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

worry, comofort eating,and self pitty.


20. How will you be spending Christmas?

Sick and bundled in a quilt, coughing my lungs out.

21. How many one-night stands?

Only with the guy I'm married to.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Chuck!!!!!

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

No hate.

24. What was the best book you read?

Nothing stands out.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
No musical discoveries.

26. What did you want and get?

for Christmas? earrings, faboo purse and an awesome scarf. In general: I wanted lots of cookies and I got them. 30 pounds worth.

27. What was your favorite film of this year?

Harry Potter, I guess.

28. What did you do on your birthday?

Birthday was so long ago, that I don't remember what I did on it.

29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

FRUMPY!

30. What kept you sane?

Going out for coffee with my new friend Rachel, going to knitting group, singing in the choir and lots of trips to the Louisville Zoo.

31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Gerard Butler

32. What political issue stirred you the most?

Mountain Top Removal.

33. Who did you miss?

Everyone in the greater Lexington area that I said goodbye to when we moved. sniff sniff.

34. Who was the best new person you met?

Rachel, Abbi, Marta and Caroline!!!!

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:

Not dieting is not an option.

I'm not tagging, but if you want to, feel free. :)

Comments

elizabeth said…
My love to you. You had some good stuff on that list as well, you know.
Denise Norman said…
I stole this from you Alana. I hope we both have a great 2010! Denise