Nerd Heaven

Yesterday I had the day to myself, which meant really I had the afternoon to myself. After cleaning up the house (yes, I vacuumed on my alone day!) which results always leave me happy, and after defrosting the freezer and making a huge batch of freezer waffles (which results also leave me happy), I decided to take myself to the thrift store.

One lovely blue 3/4 sleeve t-shirt with a v neck. 1 black Coldwater Creek twist skirt (the kind you twist up so that it has crinkles) and 1 book.

I think I'm most excited about the book. I started reading it, and it's interesting.

The Copernican Revolution: Planetary Astronomy in the Development of Western Thought by Thomas S. Kuhn.

Nerd heaven.

Comments

elizabeth said…
lovely! I am just learning about Copernicus; in my 17th Century Lit Class... how the concept of the world not being the centre shook many people's understanding of the world as they thought that God, making humans the pinnicle of creation, meant that the earth would also be the centre of creation. They were decentred by this new concept!

Would love to know what you think of this book - I may need to consider reading it as well...

the top and skirt sound lovely! I love thrift shops!
maria said…
I've been wanting to read "The Structure of Scientific Revolutions" for a long time. Kuhn seems very cool.

I hope you're enjoying your down time, however much you get of it!
Martha said…
Sounds like a great day to me...care to share your waffle recipe?