Liver Strips

Here's a good way to fix liver:

Buy a nice beef liver from a farmer who raises grass-fed beef. These are very nutritious (the livers, not the farmers).

When it's thawed, rinse the liver under warm water, and slice. Cut each slice into strips.

In a bowl, mix some whole wheat pastry flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Dredge each piece in the flour mixture and pan fry in some non-hydrogenated lard.

These are so good! Five out of six people in my family eat these liver strips. (The other one ate a waffle. Sigh.)

I served them with potatoes, and peas and lacto-fermented sauerkraut. And I was so proud of myself for dragging my tired carcass into the kitchen to make a nourishig meal for my family when all I really wanted to do was to be whisked away to someplace like Pizza Hut and have my food brought to me.

But I didn't want us to spend our money on that. So I cooked. But the nice part is, someone else is doing all the clean up and I'm now done working for today.

Comments

John Nicholas said…
Sounds great! I love liver. Kroger doesnt carry fresh liver anymore. Sigh. The meat man told me they couldnt get it; just frozen.
Anonymous said…
I always like reading your 'real-food' type recipes, but I'm a vegetarian. (I'm also a poor student!) I wonder if you have any similar meat-free things?

x
Marigold.