Blarch

Today I made the mistake of going to Target to try on some clothes. I thought I'd pick something cute up like a more current looking skirt or something. Big mistake, because I just got depressed about my looks and overweightness. Gotta love those oh-so-honest changing room mirrors that are angled so that you can see all the jiggles on your back, and how wide you are. Thankyousomuch, target!

I came to two conclusions: I'm fatter than I think I am, and I don't look good in trendy clothes. Who am I kidding? I'm probably too old for the Target trendy look (lots of loud funky prints and not enough modesty) anyhow. Who am I kidding?

So I did not buy anything. I thought about sneaking into Steinmart, where they have clothes for middle aged people, but decided not to spend the money, since it cost over forty dollars to fill up my minivan with gas.

Blech. Blarch. Pfffffft.

I'd better find a way to cheer up because Wes and I are supposed to go out for our big 17th Wedding Anniversary Date tonight. Must. Put. On. Happy. Face.

Comments

mamajuliana said…
I gave up on Target long ago. Now it is only a source for long sleeve T-shirts for me.Being even a little bit trendy has gone the way of the Dodo for me...

Except for those long skirts that are again in style and maxi-dresses. I love 'em. Put a nice 3/4 length or long sleeve jacket over one and it is a really cute/trendy outfit!

Now if I just had all that available cash...maybe I'll find one at the thrift store down the line.

Happy Anniversary-Many (more) years! Go out and have a good time. We're going to celebrate our 27th in 2 months.
Michelle said…
Happy Anniversary! It's my anniversary today too (ten years). Don't let this phase you. I'm planning on wearing jeans when we go out tonight. :)

Target doesn't have the best fitting clothes anyway. The drawback is, if you want trendier clothes for non-teens/early twenty somethings that fit well- then you will have to pay more. The good side to this is that you don't have to be stick thin to look good in clothing. The cut, material, and style can do wonders for a person. It's the cost that will get you though.
elena said…
is it possible that I write to you on an e-mail address?

I am a Romanian Christian Orthodox
gemma said…
Happy Anniversary and what the hey - clothes do not make the woman...Dress Barn is a spot I love...good prices and normal styles that are not out of date.
elizabeth said…
Happy Anniversary. Clothes. Sigh and Hmph. As if we should live according to the dictates of what is currently trendy.

I wish you many years to you and Wes! Congratulations on 17 years!
Monica said…
I'm laughing because - after 2 years of hanging in my closet unworn - just last week a trendy, loud, immodest Target dress jumped in the sack for Goodwill!

Emma from Charming the Birds from the Trees got some cute skirts from LandsEnd - and they have plus sizes of us gals who are extra huggable.

I'm glad you enjoyed your anniversary meal - God grant you many years!