Saturday, January 31, 2009

Blessings

God provided a huge ham. What a pleasant surprise!

Someone loved on my son by giving him an unexpected toy, too. He needed that this week.

I was getting sick: chills, sore throat, the works. Got up Friday morning and went to Church thinking..."If I can just receive the Body and Blood of Christ..." and my illness left me and I've had some very productive days.

I think poverty is a blessing. Whether it's "money being tight", or "low energy" or even physical illness. Any type of need, because it casts us into the place of dependence on God.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

yes...

and wonderful to hear about God's mercy to you and family this week!

As Simply As We Can said...

I can really relate to your last paragraph. My thougts have been going in that same direction. We are going through a very hard time right now, but I strongly feel that it is allowed by the Lord as it is what will be best for us. "This too shall pass" as they say.