I do not recommend

taking a bite of chocolate cake and then accidentally inhaling the crumbs into your sinuses via the back of your throat.

Now, HOW did I manage that? I don't quite know. But I truly do NOT recommend it.

I was blowing crumbs out my nose for several minutes and now I have a sinus headache. Perhaps I should figure out how to do a saline flush.

So be careful eating crumbly cake! If you are like me, you will find ways to hurt yourself with it.

Comments

JustinZ said…
Look on the bright side. At least you found a way to have your cake and eat it too!
Mimi said…
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.
H and S said…
This often happens to me as some kind of punishment when I (occasionally) eat hot chocolate powder by the spoonful out of the box... crumbs are worse, though. Sounds yuck.
Liz in Seattle said…
I'm sorry, I'm giggling :-) What a waste of good cake! But I hope you get everything flushed out...that can really hurt.
Elizabeth said…
Alana,
that sounds rally painful !
I would never have thought of chocolate cake as being capable of physically harming someone other than by choking!
Monica said…
If you really want to flush your nose, here's a video link on how:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7108546

Or not....
elizabeth said…
hope you are feeling better! that sounds like something that would happen to me! no fun...
Anonymous said…
For this reason I avoid any dessert that is dusted with cocoa or powdered sugar - the same thing happens every time!

Popular posts from this blog

Asleep in the Lord

Still He Sleeps

An Update