Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Glad Game

I watched the Masterpiece Theatre version of Pollyanna last week. It was quite inspiring.

So, here's a list of things I'm grateful for, or "glad about" as Pollyanna would put it:

A husband who is good to me and who is lighting the candles for family evening prayers.

A daughter who is playing classical music on her alto recorder.

Open windows.

Sweaters to deal with too-cold airconditioning that I'm not used to.

The ceiling fan in my bedroom

Pool passes

The fun time I had at the Explorium (Children's museum) with my two youngest kids on Saturday

My sewing skills

Lace curtains (they make me so glad!)

a chance to relax and watch a movie tonight

the fact that I have a good marriage

things growing in our garden

My parish

I'll stop there for now.

There's lots to be grateful for.

3 comments:

gemma said...

You bet there is...lots to be glad about. Thanks for making me think about that.. I don't do that thinking thing often enough.

Monica said...

I love this "game" and try to keep a "Thankfulness" journal... also call it "Gifts from God" sometimes. Anne at Holy Experience quotes a study that shows that people who kept lists of things for which they were thankful are happier.

Here's to being happier and thankful!

Mimi said...

Indeed!

I always loved that book and movie.