Alphabet Soup

Recipe stolen from Maria.

A is for age: 38.5

B is for burger of choice: Any burger, with a low carb bun. In fact, that's what's for dinner! Low carb bun: separate three eggs. Whip whites with a pinch of cream of tartar. Into yolks stir in a few T. of cottage or ricotta cheese, and gently fold into stiffly beaten whites.

Dollop onto baking stone (makes six dollops) and bake at 325 until golden brown.(half hour or so. Might work better to slow the oven down and go for longer.) Two dollops make a good sandwish "bun".

C is for what kind of car you drive: I drive the Kia Sedona minivan and sometimes on the weekends, I borrow my husband's beater Nissan with the excellent now engine that gets good gas mileage.

D is for your dog's name: If I had a dog I would name it "Back-puller-outer" or "Poop-factory." Therefore I am not a dog owner.

E is for essential item you use everyday: Och, too many to count! How bout this laptop?

F is for favorite TV show at the moment: There is none. Don't watch any TV.

G is for favorite game: Tetris and Scattergories. I rule at both games.

H is for Home State: Huh?


I is for instruments you play: Guitar (AKA "Gitfiddle"), soprano recorder, mouth harmonica, kazoo, vocal chords.

J is for favorite juice: Grape, fermented.

K is for whose butt you'd like to kick: The butt of the dirt in my house.

L is for last restaurant at which you ate? TGI Friday, on my wedding anniversary. But it wasn't nearly as good as the Johnnny Carino's date dh and I went on a week before (I started dieting hard core and at a new level before our anniversary...and just after the excellent and too-good meal of chicken marsala and tiramisu, bread and wine at JC's,) and only ate broccoli and a plain steak at TGIF's, so it wasn't that spectacular. Hard to enjoy eating out when one is die-ing, I'm mean dieting.

M is for your favorite Muppet: Slow cooked in wine. Not fond of muppets, so my thought is they should be hunted to extinction. How to hunt muppet: Get a big net ready, and go up to a waist high garden wall, or near a shrubbery and start singing a song with an easy chorus. Wait for muppets to pop up and join you on the chorus, and nab them in the net. Or you could try asking in a very loud voice what letter comes after the letter "C", or something like that. I hear muppet meat is either blue, red, or purple, depending on the breed you nab. Strong flavor and a bit dry. Hence the slow cooking in wine is recommended. Mushrooms, onions, garlic and carrots at a nice provincial touch. White wine for the blue and green muppets and red wine for the red, orange and purple ones. Bon Apetit!

N is for Number of Piercings: Two. Well, three actually, because I double pierced an ear lobe at a high school retreat one time, but that hole's gown back together. I don't recommend the ice cube and needle routine. It hurts.

O is for overnight hospital stays: Tonislectomy in 1978, Child birth in 1994, 1996, 1998, 1999 and then staying with my dd in December of 2007.

P is for people you were with today: All my kids, dh early this morning, Michelle the nice PA who dx'd my ear infection, various pharmacy customers and staff and random pepole in the waiting room/reception desk at the doctor's office, oh, and a nurse who took my BP.

Q is for what you do with your quiet time: Pray, read, be on computer, walk. Almost all my time is quiet time. Sigh.

R is for biggest regret: I should've picked the blue pill!

S is for status: Married 16 years to the best husband. SAHHSM of 4 kids.

T is for time you woke up today: 6:30 am.

U is for what you consider unique about yourself: I'm a weirdo. It's just so true.

V is for vegetable you love: green beans cooked with garlic and mushrooms. A nice dark green fresh salad. Tomatoes. Cucumbers. Green peppers and onion, and oh yeah, sweet yellow onions sauteed all by themselves in a bit of oil until caramelized. And fried okra. Definitely fried okra.

W is for worst habit: Getting distracted.

X is for x-rays you've had: Teeth, back, neck, toe, kidneys, are there any more? Can't remember.

Y is for yummy food you ate today: All my food's been yummy today: fried eggs for breakfast, dark green salad with zucchini, tomato, chicken, sour cream and vinegar for lunch, and hot decaf tea with egg/protein powder donut holes for afternoon snack.

Z is for zodiac: Capricorn. Baaaa!

Comments