The other pants leg...

got turned into this little "flapper hat". This one actually fits me. Woo Hoo! I think this is the first time in my big-headed life I've worn a hat that is not too small. A very nice experience, I must say. Now I'm beginning to understand the attraction. No worries about my hair, for one thing.

I call this the "Dinner Plate Hat" because for the crown of the hat, I traced around a dinner plate on the large "butt" of those huge jeans, just below the back pocket.

And then I calculated the circumference to cut the band. C=Dx3.14 remember?

When I put it on, initially, it looked like a badly fitted shower cap in denim, so I added the scrunchie pleats on one side, flipped up the "brim" and pinned it up with a brooch that desperately needed some work to do. I must say, I'm pleased with the results, even if it does look like a scrunched up, pinned denim shower cap....

My next project will be another dinner plate hat, cut from a thrift store sweater. I have an idea about how to go about doing that. I plan on taking pictures as I go along, and posting a "How To", but only if it turns out.

Well, here's the hat. I'm feeling a little camera shy today, hence the goofy grin:

And the side views, since each side is different....

Comments

Athanasia said…
Oh MY GOSH...that is way too cute!! I love it and the idea of wearing a different pin to match the outfit!

Thanks for the formula as I shall use it for something I am making for church.
Has said…
That looks great!!!!
Anonymous said…
Love hats that cover my hair. Always reminds me of Mae West (I think) saying that trousers cover a multitude of shins.