Mother's Day

I had a nice mother's day. My family got me a present, which was somewhat unexpected (a new knife set, and a CD that I wanted). I always like presents. And the knives are good. The ones we got when we were married, sixteen years ago next month, were literally falling apart. So now I'll probably cut myself tomorrow.

And I didn't have to do anything in the kitchen. Also nice. In fact, I've slugged about all day and everyone has waited on me hand and foot. They even let me take a nap this afternoon! My whole family has been very very nice to me today.

The weather is very windy and stormy and I'm pretty much hurting all over. Is it OK to talk about that, without complaining? Just stating a fact. It's the fibro. In fact, my friend who has fibro was also hurting today. It's just that kind of weather.

But it was a nice mother's day.

Comments

Has said…
Does your fibro get nasty before or during the bad weather? My sister's arthritis (she's 27, it sucks) flares up before inclement weather. She can feel it coming.
Alana said…
Yes, it does. Before AND during bad weather. Yesterday was horrid. We had high winds and rain and a cold front coming in. Today all is calm and sunny and I feel OK.
Anonymous said…
Thank you, Alana, for the kind comment on my blog today. :)

My mother has fibro and I have started encountering TMJ symptoms. I have controlled it thus far by taking calcium citrate twice a day. This reduces the inflammation in the body. Perhaps this might help?

~Anna
Mimi said…
It sounds lovely, Happy Mother's Day to you!