Sitting Still on a "Sick Day"

so I may as well do this fun-looking survey that I lifted off a friend's blog:

Your ex is on the side of the road, on fire. What do you do?
Football tackle him to the ground and roll around to get the flames out. Hope I don't get burned too badly.

Your best friend tells you she is pregnant. What is your reaction?
Congratulate her and be genuinely excited for her, and secretly thank God that it isn't me. Ask her if she needs me to sew a baptismal gown for the baby.

...realize that I don't officially have a "best friend"....

When is the last time you wanted to punch someone in their face?
The only time I ever had the urge to punch someone in the face was in college and I ended up boxing him in the ear instead. Not a good moment in my life, but you should
've heard what he said to me...

What is the last thing you spent money on?
groceries, yesterday...sigh.

Do you think you gained or lost weight this past month?
overall, lost

Crunchy or Puffy Cheetos?
crunchy, but in real life, neither.

The first person on your friends list just called you a bitch. What do you have to say to them?
Forgive me, a sinner.

Congratulations! You just had a son. What’s his name?
Do I have to make up a name for a hypothetical non-existent son, or the son I already have? Lets go with hypothetical: David John, or something like that.

Congratulations! You just had a daughter. What’s her name?
Hypothetical: Anna Emelia, or something like that.

What are you craving right now?
More coffee

What was the last thing you cried about?
my own sins

When you buy something and your change is 2 cents, do you keep it or tell the cashier to keep it?
Varies.

What color is your tissue box?
Happens to be blue this time.

Do you have a ceiling fan in your room, and if so, is there dust on that fan?
Yes. and yes, gobs of it. About twice a year I notice the dust as I'm drifting off to sleep, and think I ought to do something about it. About once a year I do.

What is the last voice mail you received about?
A friend who I was supposed to go to coffee with had to cancel due to illness.

Have you ever blocked someone on MySpace before?
Just spam.

Scariest thing you’ve experienced in the last year?
The days my daughter was catatonic in the hospital and we did not yet know why or what it was. I just saw her shutting down and I thought she was going to die.

Do you wear a name tag at work?
Work? I'm a stay-at-home-homeschooling mom, so I sit on my arse and eat bon bons all day. No name tag required for this life.

Who came over last?
I think the last person over was Fr. Justin, for dinner a couple of weeks ago.

Do you drink beer?
Not very often, as I don't particularly like the taste.

Have your brothers or sisters ever told you that you were adopted?
Not that I recall. I look too much like my dad.

What is your favorite keychain on your key ring?
My library barcode

What was the last movie you watched at home?

Last night, just for something to sit down and veg with, dh and I watched a horribly stupid kids movie called P.U.N.K.S. that was made in the mid 90's and was so bad we didn't even bother letting the kids watch it. It wasn't objectionable bad, just stupid bad. Bad plot, bad acting, bad set, that sort of thing. I went to bed before it was over.

Where do you hurt?

Currently, my left hip is really hurting, current fibromyalgia flare-up. My knees tend to bother me, and my lower back is ALWAYS an issue. I'm such a crip!

What’s something fun you did today?
This survey! But later on I'm planning on decorating some blown eggs with my daughter and making them into Pascha decorations.

How many states in the US have you been to?
I'm too lazy to sit and figure it out, but I will say that I've never been further west than Arizona, and that only when I was a baby.


What kind of milk do you drink?

Currently, light soy milk. But I don't actually drink it. I stick it in my coffee and bake with it.

What are you going to do after this?
Finish drinking my coffee and pray morning prayers. Perhaps I should dust my ceiling fan, eh?

Who was the last person you went shopping with?

All four kids, to the shoe store the other day. Heaven help us!

What about your favorite dessert?

You are asking this of a formerly obese person? Fine, you shall get a long answer:

It depends on my mood...but generally I like things like Tiramisu, or Italian Cream Cake, or shortbread cookies (especially the huge ones from Panera), or that walnut blondie at Applebees with the white chocolate sauce on it...I also like pie (especially the crust) and cheesecake, and chocolate stuff. Generally creme-filled cakes of multiple varieties.

In real life, I like an orange. Or a few grapes. Or a carefully measured portion of semi-sweet chocolate chips.

What is something you need to go shopping for?

Two of my girls still need Pascha shoes, and tights. I also am running low on peanut butter, Smart balance light margarine and cooking spray and cat food. Things I forgot to buy yesterday.

Do you have the same name as one of your relatives?
Nope

What kind of car do your siblings drive?
My sister drives a Mustang convertible, and my brother is always driving something snazzy and cool, but I can never keep track...he's way cooler than I am. I drive a minivan, while dreaming of the fuel efficient compact car I will drive when my kids are grown.

Has anyone ever mistaken you for a family member?
Over the phone, my priest thought I was my second, almost-twelve-year-old daughter, the other day. I have a high squeaky voice, I guess.

Favorite pop-tart flavor?
I like all the pop tarts, but the pink ones with the sprinkles make me especially nostalgic of 1974, watching cartoons on a Saturday morning when we lived in Abilene, Texas one summer. But I should say, pop tarts are not something I eat these days. Too much sugar.

Do you know anyone in jail/prison?
Not that I know of. But a friend of mine was arrested spent the afternoon in jail a few months ago. She got off, once she went to court, though.

What are your plans for the weekend?

Hopefully going to Church...but I might end up at home cleaning up after sick kids. Who knows?

Do you like the color green?
Especially spring green.

Who was the last person to send you a text message?
I only ever get text spam.

Last restaurant you went to?
Common Grounds coffee shop, last Sunday night, dh and I went out for a late night date.

What is your ringtone?

It's awful, and I need to change it: C3PO says: "Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is aproximately 3720 to 1." But I'm lame and can't figure out how to re-do the settings on my phone. I haven't tried very hard, though, because the only time I think of it is when my phone is actually ringing and I'm in traffic driving down the road.

Do you look like anyone famous?

I've been told I look a little bit like Madonna, but I'm just a "wee bit fatter". Ha!


Would you ever want to go back in time?

I always daydream about it. I also think of a plot where someone studies stuff like greek and latin, old High German, that sort of thing, and then discovers a portal to get back to medieval Europe, and has to make her way in the world without being burned at the stake as a witch. And then I read Outlander, and was like "Diana Gabaldon STOLE my one and only plot idea!"



Do you believe in karma?

I believe there is a whole lot of divine mercy and grace in this world and that all of our lives would be immeasurably worse off if we simply got what we deserved. But I do believe there will be a Divine Judgement.

Comments

Mimi said…
Ooooh, I love the answers to this. And, giggling at the ceiling fan one - I am the same way with mine.
Bohemimom said…
I laughed out loud about the "sitting around and eating Bonbons" answer.

I also used to think that's what SAHM's did. Now that I am one, I don't even think I know what a Bonbon is.