Just Wondering

I have a fun little tool that you can see if you scroll down to the bottom of the page. It's called MapLoco and it lets me see how many hits this blog gets. And where. Cool map.

So, I'm lying in bed this morning, thoughts drifting around, wondering who could have checked my blog from nowhere in the middle of the indian ocean? (Turns out there's an island called Mauritania with over a million people out in the middle of the Indian ocean).

But all that thinking (I now have a headache!) made me wonder: Would MapLoco be able to track someone logging on from a Submarine?

Is this a national security hole?

Probably not, you know, but I was just wondering....

Comments

Ruth said…
I think you mean Mauritius? Mauritania is in West Africa.
T. said…
HILARIOUS! You just made my morning.
Alana said…
Yeah, you are right. Just the fact that I had to look up what was east of Madagascar proves that I know next to nothing. Sorry I got it wrong even after looking it up...:-)
Ruth said…
LOL! I certainly would never say or think that you know next to nothing. I have a wooden Africa puzzle that I've been doing since I was 7 or 8 and so I am pretty good at African geography - at least the country names that were in use circa 1975. Mauritius isn't on it but Mauretania is. :-)
Has said…
My sister-in-law works on a cruise ship that has internet via satellite. Could be something like that.