One of THOSE days...

I feel all tense and coiled up inside. The house is a mess and my oldest dd keeps bursting into tears at EVERYTHING. I suppose that's life with a young teenager sometimes.

It took dh THREE hours to get home from work last night. Snow that turned into an ice storm .

And chiseling the ice off the car this morning was no fun. For now, everything is thawing, I'm just nervous that the temps will drop and wet stuff will re-freeze before he gets home tonight, and he'll be driving on ice.

And for some reason, even though it's Tuesday, I keep feeling like it ought to be Wednesday and I keep wanting the week to be further along than it is.

I'm just out of sorts.

And even prayers are difficult. And so many people are on my heart and mind that I just feel all knotted up with prayers and "Lord have mercys".

I know what I need to do. I need to do some house work. And then I need to exercise. And then I need to do some more house work.

I folded a huge pile of laundry this morning, so the living room is cluttered with books, papers, knitting stuff (way too much knitting stuff), mending stuff that never gets done (my fault, I know), and various laundry baskets. Some are emptied and some are filled. Sigh. And I have some papers to grade3.

And the bathroom could use a good scrub down as well as the floors. But as usual I need to start in the kitchen. And there's more laundry to do.

It really is that bad. And this post really is that boring and stupid. Gah!

Perhaps I should set some goals, get some stuff done and then reward myself with a nice hot cup of cocoa and a good history book.


It is right now 12:39. I am going to get off of here, and see how much I can get done in ONE HOUR. I'll report back in at 1:39ish and let you all know how much I did.

Comments

Mimi said…
Arg. Prayers for your Dh and for you guys - stay safe.