A Day of Rest

I have declared it thus. Today.

Yesterday we ran around like madwoman and madchildren, getting groceries (I still like Aldi's!) at three different stores, and preparing our house for guests. And then cooking, etc.

I'd invited some new friends who hail from Burundi for dinner, and we wanted everything to look good. The kids were very helpful in getting it all done, so I'm extra proud of them today. Our dinner was a roaring success, despite language barriers all around. (My French improves rapidly, as does their English.)

Besides, we usually call Fridays "Fun Friday" and only do the core school work and then do something like play a game.

Today, I think it's going to be the Lord of the Rings Movie Marathon. Perhaps. All of them.

So, in the spirit of that, I offer you the following, which is one of my kid's favorite Youtube works of art these days: They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard!

I particularly like the progression of response videos, esepcially the one where the guy is dancing around with a stick, and then the version where someone edits THAT video with the same techno sound track as the original. Geekdom at it's finest. And frightening proof that people have too much time on their hands.

Comments