Feeling Sad about my Daughter

Today, that's how I am. Every once in a while we have a particularly bad episode, usually in the evening, and it really brings it home to me how sick she is. Yesterday was one such time. I want to just give her a pill and make it all better, but it doesn't always work that way.

It's so hard seeing my daughter grieving her losses due to this illness. I'm grieving, too, and so is my husband.

But, glory to God for all things, I guess. Somehow we shall muddle along and this will teach us the ways of Christ, form us into His image, etc.

I really do believe that. I'm not being sarcastic.

Well, school is going along. I"m having to re-learn how to teach my oldest. What to expect from her, etc. I want expect neither too much nor too little. It can get frustrating. Today she listened to the Botany lesson I gave to the other kids, and then wrote about 2/3 of an essay about it, before her brain froze up and she couldn't think any more. Hopefully later, after a rest, she'll be able to go back and complete the lesson.

And no, she's not playing me. I promise.

Comments

Ruth said…
Hugs, Alana. I can only imagine what you're going through. Praying for you.
elizabeth said…
of course your daughter is not playing with you. Lord have mercy as this road appears long...
Liz in Seattle said…
I call those times "hitting the reset button". Kind of like a computer whose memory gets a little too fragmented, and needs to take a break. Good for you for recognizing grief, too. Hugs from the Northwest, for all of you.
Unknown said…
Tabitha here. I assure you, that none of us who know your daughter would ever think she might be shirking when it came to academics, especially science! I guess maybe that's the scariest part of any malady which can impact the brain. So much of our self-perception is wrapped up in the way we think! Lord have mercy. Love and hugs.
Mimi said…
Hugs.
Athanasia said…
Alana, I grew up with an aunt who suffered with similar problems as your daughter. I know what it is like. I have been praying for her and will continue to do so to the best of my ability. She is in my prayer book. We share the same name "Athanasia."

May God protect and heal her.